Chicagoland Event Rentals Corporation Rentals Agreement
RENTAL AGREEMENT, RELEASE, AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF RISKRELEASE, AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF RISK
In consideration of the use by the Lessee of the Leased Property described below, and for and in consideration of the payment by the Lessee to Chicagoland Event Rentals Corporation (hereinafter referred to as “Lessor”), and for other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and adequacy of which is hereby acknowledged, the Lessor and Lessee, each intending to be legally bound, agree as follows:
- Lessor agrees to deliver to Lessee the leased property described below at the approximate times specified. Lessee hereby grants unto Lessor the right to enter said property to pick up and deliver the leased property. Lessee agrees to indemnify, hold harmless and release Lessor from any damage resulting from the delivery, set up, use or removal of the leased property.
- The Lessee does hereby acknowledge that the activity to be engaged in through the Lessee’s rental of an inflatable, interactive amusement device brings with it both known and unanticipated risks to Lessee, Lessee’s guests, and invitees. Those risks include, but are not limited to, falling, slipping, crashing, and colliding and could result in injury, illness, disease, emotional distress, and death and/or property damage to Lessee, Lessee’s guests and invitees. Lessee further agrees to advise all guests, invitees, and users of the leased property of the risks described above prior to the delivery of the leased property by Lessor.
- The Lessee does hereby voluntarily release and agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Lessor, as well as the Lessor’s agents, employees or affiliates, from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions or rights of actions, whether personal to Lessee or to a third party which are related to, arise out of, or are in any way connected to Lessee’s rental of the leased property, including those allegedly attributable to negligent acts or omissions. Lessee further agrees to reimburse any reasonable attorney fees and costs which any be incurred by Lessor or Lessee’s agents, employees or affiliates in defense of any such liability claim, demands, actions or right of action.
- In the event the Lessee files a lawsuit against Lessor’s agents, employees, or affiliates, it is agreed that the substantive law of the State of Illinois shall apply to such action.
- Lessee hereby acknowledges that the leased property may be an attraction to minor children and other persons. Lessee agrees to supervise the leased property and the use of the leased property at all times when the leased property is in the Lessee’s possession. Lessee also acknowledges that he or she has read and understands the “Rules” governing the use of the leased property, which is attached to this agreement. Lessee further agrees to advise all guests, users of the leased equipment and invitees of the aforementioned rules. Lessee further agrees to follow the aforementioned rules and to require all guests, users, and invitees of the leased equipment to follow these rules at all time.
- Lessee hereby acknowledges that he or she has sufficient homeowner’s insurance, tenant insurance, or other liability insurance to cover any bodily injury or property damage, which might result to me, my guests, or invitees from the use of the leased property or the pickup and delivery of the leased property.
- Lessee agrees that in the event that any portion of this agreement is deemed by a Court of competent jurisdiction to be void or unenforceable, the validity of the remainder of the agreement will not be affected in any way.
- Lessee acknowledges and certifies that he or she has had sufficient opportunity to read this entire agreement and the attached “Rules,” that the lessee has executed this document freely, intelligently and without duress of any kind and that, the Lessee agrees to be bound by its terms.
RULES FOR BOUNCE HOUSES AND MINI COMBOS
- SAFETY FIRST – Read and follow all posted/provided safety rules as you are responsible for safe operation and hold harmless Chicagoland Event Rentals Corporation thereof.
- CHILDREN MUST BE SUPERVISED AT ALL TIMES. ADULT SUPERVISION REQUIRED.
- SPECIFIC RULES TO FOLLOW:
- Compatible age groups must play in the unit at the same time. Age groups must not be mixed. Different sized children must not be mixed.
- The maximum number of children allowed in the 15×15 bounce house is:
- Ages 2 to 8 … 10 – 12 children maximum
- Ages 9 to 13 … 7 – 9 children maximum
- Ages 14 to 17 … 4 – 6 children maximum
- Adults . . . . . . . . . . 3 maximum
- The inflatable unit should not be operated if winds exceed 25 mph or in rain or lightning conditions.
- NO SHOES – do not wear shoes while in/on the inflatable bounce.
- NO SHARP OBJECTS – Make sure there are no sharp objects in or on clothing.
- NO EYEGLASSES: Please do not wear eyeglasses in or on the inflatable bounce. All persons must remove shoes, glasses, jewelry, and anything else that may harm the bounce house or other users of the bounce house or anyone indoor around the bounce house.
- No flips, somersaults or horseplay. The operator must strictly enforce the rules posted on the warning sign and on this agreement.
- NO FOOD, NO DRINKS, NO SILLY STRING, NO CONFETTI, NO GUM, NO WATER inside or near (within 10 feet) of the bounce house. Negligence or Abuse.
- Cleaning fees may be assessed for negligence or abuse of inflatable with spilled food, or drink.
- Silly String, Glitter, and Face Paint use will result in a $150 Cleaning Fee. Negligence and damage to the unit will result in a Repair Fee. If the unit is not repairable, a replacement of unit fee will result.
- Do not wet or use water on units NOT designated for water usage. If our units have water, this will result in a $150 cleaning/drying fee, except due to rain.
- Do not cut the plastic ties on the front of the bounce house.
- Do not tape or fasten anything on the bounce house.
- Customers are responsible for any licensing or permits required for the event.
- Equipment and supplies should be checked BEFORE and AFTER use for shortage or damage. Notify Chicagoland Event Rentals immediately for repair or replacement.
- No claims can be honored after the event.
- Charges will be imposed to repair or replace items due to abuse, loss, misuse, overload, negligence, or dirty equipment. An invoice from the manufacturers of the inflatable will be provided. **All prices are for time out on rental whether used or not. **Rentals by Cash or Credit Card – NO PERSONAL CHECKS.
- **CANCELLATION POLICY – Deposits are NONREFUNDABLE
SHOULD THE BOUNCE HOUSE BEGIN TO DEFLATE OR ANY OTHER EMERGENCIES
- Emergencies can arise for various reasons. The following are a few examples of emergencies and how they should be handled. This is strictly a guide. Please use common sense when an emergency occurs.
- Loss of Electrical Power: When a loss of power occurs, the inflatable will slowly start to deflate.
- Remain Calm! You will have sufficient time to help the riders to quickly and safely exit the ride. This situation tends to cause panic . . . unless the operator stays calm and relaxed. Talk calmly to those inside telling them not to panic while you are helping them walk out.
- Check to see if the blowers have come unplugged or the cords are unplugged from the outlet. If so, plug them back in and the ride will re-inflate. Do not leave the ride unattended to check on any problem. Empty the ride and then address the issue.
- If the bounce house deflates and entrance is not found, please advise the children not to panic, to find the square on the roof, push it out and exit the bounce house.
- Weather: Bad weather can arrive in the form of rain, lightning or strong wind. In each case, you want to evacuate the ride as quickly and safely as possible.
- Remain Calm! If you panic, your riders may also panic. Stay calm and stay focused on your job, which is to help your riders exit the ride quickly, but in an orderly fashion. After everyone has exited the ride, deflate the ride by turning off the blower and moving them to a dry location.
- Damage: If the ride becomes damaged while in your operation, take the following steps:
- If the ride ripped or otherwise begins to lose air, assist all riders from the ride and deflate it. Write down what happened, when, and any other details you observed and turn this report into Chicagoland Event Rentals.
- Should the bounce house deflate, or if you experienced any other problems with the equipment, please call or page the Chicagoland Event Rentals representative at the following phone
- ____________________ before allowing or engaging in further use of the bounce house.
- Do not leave the ride unattended.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The Client must fully execute this agreement, deposit if indicated, and directions to the site from the nearest main intersection within 3 days of agreement receipt, but before the event date, to reserve equipment and entertainment. deposits are non-refundable or transferable, the client may pay balance via cash or credit card. balance must be paid at arrival unless Chicagoland Event Rentals Corporation states differently on this agreement form. Chicagoland Event Rentals Corporation reserves the right, without notice, to withhold services for non-payment of outstanding invoices or balance due. This agreement is non-cancellable. the balance of this full agreement price is due and payable to Chicagoland Event Rentals Corporation no later than the date for the delivery of the equipment and/or services to be rendered, whether or not customer accepts delivery.
- All changes must be made 7 business days prior to the event.
- By accepting delivery of rented items, the customer agrees to all terms and conditions shown on this rental agreement.
- Customer shall provide adequate and legal parking and unloading areas for the performer(s) and delivery vehicle(s). customer agrees to reimburse Chicagoland Event Rentals Corporation for any parking fees incurred.
- Customer assumes full responsibility for all rented items, including their safe and proper use, operation, maintenance and returns to Chicagoland Event Rentals Corporation customer is responsible for all loss, damage, or repair.
- In the event of mechanical failure, the customer will be given extra running time or credit for actual downtime.
- Chicagoland Event Rentals Corporation makes no warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, or any warranties expressed or implied.
- This rental agreement forms the sole agreement between the customer and Chicagoland Event Rentals Corporation the customer agrees to indemnify and hold Chicagoland Event Rentals Corporation harmless for any claims from customers use or misuse, including any third parties for loss, injury, and damage to persons or property arising out of the customer’s negligence or operation including legal costs incurred in defense of such claims.
- Operators should read all warning and instructions (safety instructions).
- Retaking of equipment: if the customer fails to return all rented items upon the agreed time, the customer agrees to pay for all additional charges. If the customer refuses to return rented items, the customer agrees that Chicagoland Event Rentals Corporation and its agents may take all actions reasonably necessary to recover rented items without prior notice or legal process.
- Customer acknowledges the possibility of injury and will provide adult supervision at all times according to the rules given to rental party prior to the event, written instruction or verbal.
- Attorney fees: customer agrees to pay all reasonable attorney fees and court costs incurred by Chicagoland Event Rentals Corporation in enforcing these terms and conditions.
- Damage waiver: if you pay the damage waiver charge (dwc) as specified, subject to the limitations and exclusions below, Chicagoland Event Rentals Corporation agrees to modify the terms of this agreement and relieve you of liability for accidental damage to the rented item(s) on this agreement, and for loss due to fire, collision, windstorm, upset, and riot. we exclude from this waiver, however, any loss or damage due to theft, burglary, misuse or abuse, theft by conversion, intentional damage, mysterious disappearance or any loss due to your failure to care for the rental item(s) as a prudent person would his/her own property. in addition, this waiver does not include and/or cover personal injury or death.
- Our employees are not allowed to move or setup, and are not liable for any equipment not listed in this agreement.
- If any loss tends to indicate a crime may have been committed, a further condition of this waiver is that you must file a report to the proper law enforcement authorities and furnish us a copy. in addition, if you have insurance for the loss or damage, you shall exercise, and shall empower us to exercise, all your rights to obtain recovery under insurance, shall cooperate with Chicagoland Event Rentals Corporation to obtain recovery and all insurance proceeds shall be given or assigned to Chicagoland Event Rentals Corporation
- Once your rental items are delivered, there is no refund due to rain or change of weather* you are not allowed to move items, once they are set up.
- If you do not have a water slide, do not get the inflatable wet. water hoses, buckets of water and wet swimming suits are not allowed on dry inflatables. There is a $150 charge for any inflatable that gets wet. do not wet dry units/bouncers.
- Once your items are set up, you are not allowed to move them, you are liable for any and all damages that may occur.
- The Client agrees now, and after agreement termination with Chicagoland Event Rentals Corporation, not to disparage or defame them in any respect or to make any derogatory comments, whether written or oral, regarding the company or its current or former officers, directors, employees, attorneys, agents, or agreement parties, or its business or operations.
- The Client agrees that they will not (nor will the Client cause or cooperate with others to) publicly criticize, ridicule, disparage or defame Chicagoland Event Rentals Corporation or its products, services, affiliated businesses, policies, directors, officers, shareholders, or employees, with or through any written or oral statement or image (including, but not limited to, any statements made via websites, blogs, postings to the internet, or emails and whether or not they are made anonymously or through the use of a pseudonym).
- The Client agrees to provide full cooperation and assistance in assisting Client to investigate such statements if the Client reasonably believes that an event guest, venue personnel, or other person is the source of the statements. The foregoing does not apply to statutorily privileged statements made to government or law enforcement agencies.
Our men work hard to give you the service you deserve. If you are completely satisfied, we do not discourage gratuities. Although they are not mandatory, they will be appreciated by the crew.
Person signing this MUST be listed on the agreement or we refuse the right to deliver:
(Must be at least 18 years old, be listed on the agreement, and have a valid State I. D or Drivers License)
Drivers License or State Identification #___________________________________________________
(Will Show upon Delivery of Unit)
Expiration Date: _______________________